October 18, 2011

THERAPY PUGS

They love me (Jazz)!
I love to be cuddled.
Gus & I are registered therapy dogs. Not to be confused with those amazing service dogs that help people see and hear and get around.  Naw, we don't even want to be like that--too much work.  I know we are hunting dogs (well, we excel at hunting laps and food and probably toys), but we also like to lie around on soft things a lot.  At 5 and 8, Gus and I aren't exactly full of puppy energy anymore.  But we do like people, and a lot of lonely people in those places where lots of old people live brighten up when they see us.  That sure makes me happy!

Our guardian also takes us to a local library, where kids read to us. That's a lot of fun.  I love kids, especially girls.  When I was a tiny puppy, girls in the neighborhood used to carry me around a lot.  I get sort of in a "zone" when they would do that.  Even today, one thing I love best is to be held gently and cuddled. My guardian says I'm promiscuous (whatever that is) because I'll let anyone touch me.  Hello! I'm a pug!

 This is me being read to.
Here's Gus at  a Summer Reading Program

No comments:

Post a Comment