October 17, 2011

MOLLY

Molly was my guardian's first pug.  She was top pug, then I came into the picture several years later and took over.  I told you that before.   When Molly was 11, she developed a terrible disease called degenerative myelopathy (like the worst form of MS for dogs).  She lost the use of her back legs, got fitted with a cart, and this pix is the last time she was able to be out and about at the pug meetup.  We had a great time there, especially Molly.  She told me she was happy to be able to "walk" more like a dog and loved that her cart allowed her to get around and sniff and be like the other pugs.  Even though she and I had had our "moments," I really watched out for her as that awful disease took away her mobility. I became HER therapy dog.   I was sad when she went over the Rainbow Bridge. Even my 'Cuz ball didn't appeal to me.


Gus and I might have our "moments," and I sound like I am sort of impatient with him.  But truth is, he became a great playmate when 3 months later he came to live with us.  But shhhhh...don't let him know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment