October 9, 2012

ALIENS IN VALLEY FORGE


One Sunday Guardian took us to a place with new smells, lots of new people, some new dogs, and even alien beasts (you’ll hear about them much later)!

Even though I don’t like riding in the car crate with Gus (he is SUCH a whiner), I figured a new outing was worth it.  Guardian had said it was going to be a place we’d never been before, and she had excitement in her voice.  If she’s excited, we’re excited.

Once there, we met up with two people friends.  We knew Margie, but Lee was new to us.  No matter.  All people we meet don’t stay new for long.

The adventure seemed to stop then.  We got tied to a metal pipe while the people ate and talked.  Gus and I did get a carrot, but from the smells, we were hoping for a lot more.

Captives


Eyes on the Carrot Prize

We started to walk then...and walk...and walk.  Along the way we met two men dressed all funny.  Guardian said they were soldiers from a very, very, very long time ago.  They didn’t look all that old to me.


Nearby were some old wooden buildings.  They looked like they could have been doghouses for Irish Wolfhounds.  The soldiers told us that’s where the they slept during an important war that happened in this park.  There was some dude named George who was a famous President and lead the soldiers into battles.  There were thousands of soldiers & the weather was very, very cold, with lots of snow.  Pugs are for peace, not war (most of the time, except for protecting our food bowls and treats), so we couldn't figure all this out.

We kept walking and walking, but there were so many new smells and people and dogs that we didn’t mind--- we were having lots of fun.  Lots of grass and trees and big clouds, too. The people liked that.



This was a gun those soldiers used a long time ago.  A gun on wheels?!   I’m laughing in this picture, ‘cuz I thought that was the funniest gun ever!  Gus stood guard, just like a soldier.  I guess he was getting ready to be a war dog or something.  Yeah...in your dreams, Gus!  That made me laugh even more!


When we got back to the parking lot, we had quite a surprise.  There were people sitting on top of these huge 4 legged aliens. They were riding on these aliens that made clip clop sounds as they walked.  OMIGOSH...they made other strange USNs (Unidentified Strange Noises), too.  Just watch...and listen...carefully.  Not sure what effect these USNs have on humans!




Gus, who just doesn’t have very good sense, decided he wanted to investigate.  Not me!  I know an alien when I see one, and I’m hiding.  There’s no telling what aliens will do.  I’ve seen movies about them, and there’s never a good outcome.

Guardian knew better than to let Gus loose with the aliens, so she held him while he tried to figure out what language they used and to communicate with them.  I’m letting him ‘splain all that here.


















Gus: Sniff, sniff
Alien: Sniff, sniff, chomp, chomp
Gus: What are you?
Alien: A horse, dummy.  We know you’re a dog, but you look weird for a dog. Why is your nose between your eyes?
Gus: Uh...why are you so BIG and don’t bark or growl!?  You’ve got funny feet and purple socks.  Are you a vegetarian?
Alien: Duh!


Gus: I knew then that it wasn’t likely they would eat us, so I told Jazz it was safe to come out of hiding.

Jazz: NO Way! There are worse things than having an alien eat you, Gus.  Well, maybe not, but I heard one of those people who rode on the alien that they might stomp, then chomp us.  Anyway, I was SO relieved that we were going home at that point.  I was pretty tired, but felt safe, at least, since we were leaving the aliens behind. 

I want OUTTA here!!
As we left, Guardian took a picture of the name of the place. Good thing they put out the warning!



1 comment: