April 30, 2013

A HUNGRY PLEA FROM THE SNORTY PUGS

Gus and I have both been listening to kids read lately.  I usually go to the far-away library.

That's a name tag on my back. Ewww...I'm so grey!

Gus: I go to the short trip library.
Love those head scratches!
 Jazz:  I get to see more kids in a bigger room.
Gus: I get to spend less time in the crate.
Jazz:  I got to go to the library's luncheon for volunteers.
Gus:  You did!? 
Jazz: Yeah, it was awesomely BIG.  It was in the same room that the kids read to me...only it smelled a lot better. But only grown up people, no kids.  And a few other (really huge) therapy dogs.
Gus:  So what did you get to eat?
Jazz: Wouldn't you like to know?
Gus: Uhhhhm...I just asked you to tell me.
 Jazz:  Wellllllllll....actually Guardian wouldn't let me eat her lunch food.
Gus: She's holding out on us.  At the pug meetup, a bunch of pugs told me they get people food a LOT.
She gives you her human food?!?

Jazz:  Hmmmmm...you always look hungrier than I do.  And you are always velcroed to Guardian.  Ya think you can look like you are definitely starving next time she's eating a meal?
Gus: I always look like I'm starving, because I am. 
Jazz: Yeah, and we all know how well that works...Hey, let's put it to the pug world to tell us how to get Guardian to give us her human food!
Gus: OK!

So, readers...what do you do to get your human to give you his/her food????
Please help us...you see here what disgusting things we have to eat. Does this look like something you would eat, humans? I didn't think so. Have pity on us pugs!



4 comments:

  1. Our Olive gives high fives and fist bumps. She also just looks really cute and sometimes that is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazz here: Thanks, Olive, for letting me know what works for you. You must have really loving humans who adore you!

    Yeah, I do a really cute high paw 5 and dance on my back legs, and if my library readers had people food with them, it'd be mine in a tail wiggle! But Guardian...?

    (Uh..actually...I just remembered...to give her some credit....a very rare sometimes at night when Gus is tucked into his crate, Guardian will sneak me a bread crust once I show her how nicely I can curl up in my doggie cuddle bed. But puh-leese don't tell Gus about this!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your guardian with sad eyes.
    It works all the time.....
    Our huamans don't want us to eat their food, (not good for us) but
    we get to eat little here and there.

    Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Guardian seems very picky about what people food she will give us. I noticed she put a teeny bit of her cheese in my breakfast today. I had snuggled next to her last night on the sofa, which I don't always do. Guess I'll try that again!

    ReplyDelete