May 4, 2012

JAZZ AIN’T THE ONLY THERAPY DOG IN THE HOUSE!


This is Gus.  You haven’t heard from me in a loooong time.  But I just had to put in my therapy dog four-paws worth today.

Jazz always gets the posts about therapy dog visits, but I do them, too.  I never did that before I joined this pack, so my style is very different.  I’m sort of a “lay low” sort of therapy pug.  You all know I don’t see so well.  So when I get into a new and different place, I sort of get shy.  I may not be a “meet and greet” sort of pug, but I love loving, too!
See? They love me, too!
This was last summer.   What is Doggone Good Readers on Saturdays is also done outside of the library.  It’s called “Bark Pals,” and it's only in the summer.  I was told to say it’s an “outreach” program.  That means kids who live farther away from the library can come read to dogs, too.  It’s on a day in the middle of the week in daylight hours.  It was hot outside, but inside was cool.  Bright lights sometimes bother me, but I was just more confused about what I was supposed to do.  So I just followed things Guardian said, like “sit” and “down” and “stay.”

I got some boy readers, too.
She's reading about a pug who thinks he's unloveable--but I'm not that pug!
 
I think I did a pretty good job.  So there, Jazz.  You’re not the only pug therapy dog kids want to love!

1 comment:

  1. Gus, if you come visit our ouse, I am sure our mama will read more - which she should be doing in stead of watching sports on TV - oh and food : )

    Lovies
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete